Click here to download a copy of the 2017-18 application.
Applications for the 2017-2018 Rising Leaders Program are due June 2, 2017.
Rising Leaders is an eight-month long program, sponsored by Friday Staffing and Carolina Village, designed to develop the next generation of community leaders and board members for Henderson County nonprofit organizations. United Way of Henderson County has created the Rising Leaders program to educate individuals and give them the tools and connections to become key volunteers with our community partners and other nonprofits in Henderson County.
2017-18 Rising Leaders Schedule of Events
- Community Snapshot
September 27, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Life Cycle of a Nonprofit
October 11, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Board Basics and Strategic Planning
November 8, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Fundraising 101
December 13, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
United Way of Henderson County
- Financial and Legal Responsibilities
January 10, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Nonprofit Marketing, Parliamentary Procedure and The Power of Your Passion
February 14, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
In order to successfully complete the program, participants will also be required to complete the following:
- Must attend the Introductory Session on Saturday, September 16th, 2017
- Must attend five of the six Informational Sessions listed above
- Complete 10 volunteer hours between September 2017 and April 2018
- Participate in a Rising Leaders service project to be determined by your class
- Attend a board of directors meeting at a Henderson County nonprofit organization and complete a homework assignment. Details and a list of meeting times and locations will be presented at a later session.
As part of the graduation event held each spring, class members participate in a "speed-dating" session with Henderson County nonprofit representatives.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship by Friday Staffing and Carolina Village, the Rising Leaders Program is free of charge for all participants. Space is limited each year. Graduates are already making a strong impact in our community, as many of them have been recruited to serve on committees, boards of directors and in other key roles of local non-profit organizations.
Click here to read more about our 2017 Graduates and recruitment for the next class of Rising Leaders.
Community Impact Associate and Rising Leaders Program Staff Lead