Rising Leaders is an eight-month long program, designed to develop the next generation of community leaders and board members for Henderson County nonprofit organizations. United Way of Henderson County has created the Rising Leaders program to educate individuals and give them the tools and connections to become key volunteers with our community partners and other nonprofits in Henderson County.
For the upcoming 2020/21 Rising Leaders program, we are offering a Virtual Rising Leaders program with monthly meetings happening on Zoom. It is our hope to hold our March 2021 Graduation in person, but attendance will not be required to successfully complete the program.
2020-21 Meeting Dates and Topics
Sessions will run from 12-1:30 p.m. on Zoom.
• September 16 - Orientation & Team Building
• October 21 - Nonprofit Life Cycle & Board Basics
• November 18 - Race, Equity and Inclusion in Nonprofits and Parliamentary Procedures
• December 16 - Fundraising 101 & Nonprofit Marketing
• January 20 - Financial and Legal Responsibilities
• February 17 - The Power of Your Passion & Homework Presentations
• March 10 - Graduation & Speed Dating (time TBD)
Requirements to successfully complete the Rising Leaders Program are:
• Must attend at least 5 of the 6 Informational Sessions and Graduation.
• Attend a board of directors meeting at a Henderson County nonprofit organization and complete a related homework assignment.
Thanks to the generous sponsorship by WNC Bridge Foundation and Carolina Village, the Rising Leaders Program is free of charge for all participants. Space is limited each year. Graduates are already making a strong impact in our community, as many of them have been recruited to serve on committees, boards of directors and in other key roles of local non-profit organizations.