NC has activated 211 as the non-emergency hotline for COVID-19 information. Please dial 2-1-1 for updated information, or visit The 211 call center is experiencing extremely high call volume at this time. If you have internet access, please visit to search for help, and be sure to use simple keywords, like “food” or “rent” to get the best results.

What is 2-1-1?

Help when you need it most. Dial 2-1-1 or visit to connect with a network of over 18,000 resources right here in North Carolina. Our call center experts and website can assist you with:

  • Employment Assistance
  • Food Pantries
  • Homeless Shelters
  • Counseling
  • Health Care
  • Child Care
  • Senior Services


If you have COVID-19 Vaccine related questions, please visit the Henderson County Department of Public Health website.


Here are some Henderson County resources for common needs:

  • For FOOD assistance
    • Call the MANNA Food Helpline at 1-800-820-1109
    • For Food deliveries or for Seniors, call Council on Aging at 692-4203
    • Call the Henderson County Department of Social Services at 697-5500
    • Call Interfaith Assistance Ministries at 697-7029
    • Call Salvation Army at 693-4181
    • If you are homeless, call Thrive at 697-1581
    • If you are in danger of eviction, call Pisgah Legal Services 692-7622
  • For non-emergency MEDICAL resources
    • Call The Free Clinics at 697-8422
    • Call Blue Ridge Health at 692-4289
    • If in immediate danger – call 911
    • Otherwise, call Safelight at 693-3840
  • For MENTAL HEALTH services
    • If this is an emergency, call 911
    • Otherwise call Mobile Crisis at 1-800-848-0180