2024 Days of Caring
Supports Henderson County Nonprofits!
Project Registration Now Open for Nonprofit Agencies - See Below.
Days of Caring Timeline
February 5: Agency project registration opens
March 8: Agency project registration closes
March 20: Volunteer registration opens
April 8: T-Shirt registration deadline
May 3: Volunteer registration closes
May 10: Project work at local agencies
May 11: NCAL Food Drive at Postal Annex
Days of Caring is an opportunity for Henderson County residents to connect with local nonprofits for a day of volunteerism on Friday, May 10, 2024, and to support the National Association of Letter Carriers' Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive on Saturday, May 11, 2024.
Projects on Friday include a variety that appeal to all kinds of volunteers. For the gardener, projects include mulching, planting, and landscaping. For the handy-person, there is painting, small repairs, and construction. Food pantries and thrift stores often need help organizing and stocking products.
The National Association of Letter Carriers' Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive is Saturday and volunteers are needed to assist drivers with food pick-up and sorting donations at the Henderson County Postal Annex to be distributed locally.
Individuals, families, civic groups, corporate teams, and others are all encouraged to participate. Volunteers can choose half or full day projects on either Friday or Saturday, or both days! Volunteer Registration begins in late March. Stay tuned for more information or click here to join the e-newsletter and receive details in your email.
Project Registration Now Open for Nonprofit Agencies!
Project Registration Details:
- Any Henderson County nonprofit organization may submit a project for consideration.
- Agencies may register up to 3 projects and request up to 15 volunteers per project. Registration accepts one project at a time. Please click the link to open a new form for each project.
- Please make sure your project meets a real need for your organization and will provide a satisfying experience for the volunteers.
- Location of all projects must take place within Henderson County.
- All submitted project proposals are subject to review and evaluation by UWHC.
- Supplies and materials must be provided by the agency for the volunteers. If you need volunteers to bring basic tools or other items to make the project easier, please add the details when registering your project.
- Project Date: Project must take place on Friday May 10, 2024.
- Project Time: Projects must be scheduled from 9:00am–12:00pm or 12:00pm–3:00pm or 9:00am–3:00pm.
- Please assign a staff or key volunteer as Project Coordinator to oversee each project, communicate details to volunteers, and be present on the workday.
- Project sites are required to carry insurance to cover volunteers during DOC.
- Deadline to submit projects is Friday, March 8, 2024
Thank You 2024 Days of Caring Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor for this impactful event?
If you have any questions about sponsorship opportunities, please email Kira Isaksen, Resource Development Manager, or call (828) 692-1636 ext. 1108.