Women United connects and engages women who want to make a significant impact in our community.
Annual Meeting & Summer Paint Party
Tuesday, June 22 at 4 p.m.
Sunset Barn, The Horse Shoe Farm
Our Annual Meeting & Summer Paint Party are being combined into one fantastic evening of connection and celebration! We will gather for the first time in nearly 18 months in person at the Sunset Barn at The Horse Shoe Farm in Hendersonville. Our annual meeting, which includes officer transition and presentation of financial awards, will begin at 4 p.m. followed by cocktails and light appetizers. The paint party will begin at 5:30. You can come for one or both events!
Click here to view the event invitation and to sign up!
Are you a dynamic, passionate and community-minded woman? Then consider membership in Women United!
- Network with other influential women who have a passion for the community through quarterly social events and volunteer opportunities.
- Participate in volunteer projects that make a meaningful impact in our community, such as GEM (Girls EMpowered), our after school program for fifth grade girls at Hillandale and Upward Elementary Schools and middle school girls at Hendersonville Middle School.
- Know that your contribution not only support United Way’s work to improve education, income and health, but also supports focused projects that benefit low-income children in our local schools.
- Click through our brochure to learn more about what we're up to.
Membership in Women United
- Your annual United Way investment of $1,000 or more qualifies you for membership in Women United. Women who are currently members of the Ochlawaha Society, United Way’s Leadership Giving Circle, are eligible to participate in both groups with one gift of $1,000 or more.
- A step-up program is available at a tiered level of $600/$800/$1000 over a course of three years.
If you would like more information, or are ready to join Women United, please contact Sarah Swartz at 828-692-1636 x1103 or email@example.com.
Women United Executive Committee Members
Pam Combs, Eaton Corporation, Chair
Amy Lynn Holt, Champion Comfort Experts, Vice Chair
Patti Baker, BGW CPA Inc.
Pauline Carpenter, Resource Corporation of America
Anna Conner, Rent 828
Teresa Edwards, C. Edwards Group
Sherri Holbert, AdventHealth Foundation
Darla Lindeman, Interfaith Assistance Ministry
Kathryn McConnell, Blue Ridge Health
Becky Poplin, Retired Community Volunteer
Linda Showalter, Retired Community Volunteer
Betsy Toner, Retired Community Volunteer
Christa Willey, The Second Act - Coffee, Wine and Craft Beer Bar