Women United connects and engages women who want to make a significant impact in our community.
Annual Fall Kickoff Meeting
Thursday, September 23 at 7 p.m. on Zoom
Our program will feature Women United member and Chief Administrative Officer with Pardee UNC Health Care, Johnna Reed. Johnna will talk to us about the transformative world of healthcare during, and after, a pandemic.
Registered guests will enjoy a wine and cheese pairing, with delicious wine from Crate Wine Market and Project and locally sourced cheeses. Gift bags with everything you need for a great event will be available for pick up from the United Way offices the week of the event.
Sarah Swartz will email the Zoom link out to all attendees before the event. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 828-692-1636 ext. 1103 and leave a message.
Please join us from wherever you are, and consider inviting a prospective member to join us and learn more about Women United! We anticipate the program lasting until about 8:15 p.m.
Click here to register.
Fall Giveback Opportunity: Donate Clothes for Emergency Clothing Closets at Local Schools
Teachers are in need of extra clothing for students who arrive in ill-fitting or inadequate dress or who may need a change of clothes during the day due to an accident. We hope you can help contribute by purchasing an item or more from the list below, and bring your donations to the United Way offices by September 30. Please arrange your drop off with Sarah Swartz during the hours of 9-3 Monday through Friday.
Requested items include:
Boys sweatpants: with elastic waist
(unisex colors, all sizes needed)
Short or long sleeve Girls shirts (all sizes needed)
Short or long sleeve Boys shirts (all sizes needed)
Boys’ shorts (all sizes needed)
Girls’ shorts (all sizes needed)
Girls’ panties: (all sizes needed)
Boys’ briefs: (all sizes needed)
Please only bring bottoms with elastic waists. New clothes preferred.
Are you a dynamic, passionate and community-minded woman? Then consider membership in Women United!
- Network with other influential women who have a passion for the community through quarterly social events and volunteer opportunities.
- Participate in volunteer projects that make a meaningful impact in our community, such as GEM (Girls EMpowered), our after school program for fifth grade girls at Hillandale and Upward Elementary Schools and middle school girls at Hendersonville Middle School.
- Know that your contribution not only support United Way’s work to improve education, income and health, but also supports focused projects that benefit low-income children in our local schools.
- Click through our brochure to learn more about what we're up to.
Membership in Women United
- Your annual United Way investment of $1,000 or more qualifies you for membership in Women United. Women who are currently members of the Ochlawaha Society, United Way’s Leadership Giving Circle, are eligible to participate in both groups with one gift of $1,000 or more.
- A step-up program is available at a tiered level of $600/$800/$1000 over a course of three years.
If you would like more information, or are ready to join Women United, please contact Sarah Swartz at 828-692-1636 x1103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women United Executive Committee Members
Amy Lynn Holt, Champion Comfort Experts, Chair
Anna Conner, Rent 828, Vice Chair
Patti Baker, BGW CPA Inc.
Pauline Carpenter, Resource Corporation of America
Pam Combs, Eaton Corporation
Darla Lindeman, Interfaith Assistance Ministry
Jean McGrady, Retired Community Volunteer
Kathryn McConnell, Blue Ridge Health
Becky Poplin, Retired Community Volunteer
Linda Showalter, Retired Community Volunteer
Betsy Toner, Retired Community Volunteer
Lauren Wilkie, Safelight
Christa Willey, The Second Act - Coffee, Wine and Craft Beer Bar