Women United connects and engages women who want to make a significant impact in our community.
Are you a dynamic, passionate and community-minded woman? Then consider membership in Women United!
- Network with other influential women who have a passion for the community through quarterly social events and volunteer opportunities.
- Participate in volunteer projects that make a meaningful impact in our community, such as GEM (Girls EMpowered), our after school program for fifth grade girls at Hillandale and Upward Elementary Schools and middle school girls at Hendersonville Middle School.
- Know that your contribution not only support United Way’s work to improve education, income and health, but also supports focused projects that benefit low-income children in our local schools.
- Click through our brochure to learn more about what we're up to.
Membership in Women United
- Your annual United Way investment of $1,000 or more qualifies you for membership in Women United. Women who are currently members of the Ochlawaha Society, United Way’s Leadership Giving Circle, are eligible to participate in both groups with one gift of $1,000 or more.
- A step-up program is available at a tiered level of $600/$800/$1000 over a course of three years.
If you would like more information, or are ready to join Women United, please call Denise Cumbee Long at 828-692-1636 ext. 1109.
Women United Executive Committee Members
Anna Conner, Chair
Kathryn McConnell, Vice-Chair
Amy Lynn Holt