For over 67 years, United Way of Henderson County has worked to bring positive change by fighting for the education, financial stability, and health of every person in our community. Equity and inclusion are at the heart of our efforts to reduce disparities and advance the common good.
Click here for a statement from Executive Director Denise Cumbee Long, issued June 10, 2020.
Click here for the United Way of Henderson County Diversity Policy.
We must each do the hard work of reflecting, learning, modeling, leading, and supporting in a way that is just, equitable, kind, and responsible. Here are a few links to resources that can inspire individual reflection and action (courtesy of United Way of North Carolina).
- National Museum of African American History and Culture’s Being Anti-Racist
- White Privilege and Unpacking the Knapsack
- So You Want to Talk About Race
- 75 Things White People Can do for Racial Justice
- What’s My Complicity? Talking White Fragility
- Follow national organizations that are leading equity work such as PolicyLink, Race Forward, and Equity in the Center.